[Rhodes22-list] Lourdy Lourdy the old girls 40 !

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Tue May 24 21:56:25 EDT 2011

Mike,

Brightside Poly is a one part product. I used it straight out of the can
with a cheap throwaway brush. Surface was prepped with 220 sandpaper and
cracks were puttied over with Marine-tex epoxy putty. One coat only with no
finial sanding. It is not a perfect job but the miserable weather and
incessant rain ate up most of my repair time this year. Next year I plan to
work on the cockpit area and will touch up workmanship flaws at that time.
Thanks for the link, next time I will use some of his tips.

John S

John,

She looks brand new!  What a beauty!

I was considering Brightside Poly for my '81 to freshen her up.  How hard
was it to apply?  Did you roll or spray?  How much thinner was used?  I
found a car guy who has lots of tips for using Brightside Poly
(http://carpainting.wetpaint.com/page/Rollering+Interlux+Brightside+Polyurethane+Paint)
that I thought was pretty interesting.  Your comments are appreciated.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY