[Rhodes22-list] boat weight

jimtracyjohnston at centurytel.net jimtracyjohnston at centurytel.net
Fri Nov 4 11:46:15 EDT 2011

We are looking at a new vehicle to tow our 1987 Rhodes 22. We have a 1992 Trailmaster single axle trailer that we have used for several years with our 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe. We will need the tounge weight and pulling weight to be sure a new vehicle is capable of towing our Rhodes. Problem #2 is the Rhodes' weight to determine what lift size. Our current lift was purchased used and we have very little information on the lift capacity. The lift will needs a new cable and possible clutch adjustment. As we crank up our boat there is s loud "clunk" at it looks like the boat drops down a short distance. We continue turning the wheel and the boat eventually lifts completely out of the water satisfactorly. We have information the state the boat "displacement" is 3,300# and another reference of 3,700#. We don't know the calculation of displacement to physical weight. Any advise is appreciated.

Jim & Tracy Johnston with the "LOON" Torch Lake, MI