[Rhodes22-list] Front Port Covers

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Thu Nov 10 08:49:27 EST 2011

Rob,

Keeping in mind that I'm a daysailor, I quit using mine.  You can't leave
them on while sailing because the Genoa will rip them off during a tack, and
it was a hassle taking them on and off each time.  I would carelessly yank
them off and a couple of the snaps ripped away from the cloth.  Water
collects (and quickly evaporates) in the ports but those are the only two
ports on my boat that don't leak.

They do seem like a good idea for ventilation during rain.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Kent Island, MD