[Rhodes22-list] Miami Boat Show?

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Sun Nov 13 10:45:24 EST 2011

We will be retiring and moving onto a boat probably in the Caribbean.  This
won't happen for another 4 years or so.  However, we want to start looking
now.  We have attended the Annapolis boat show for 25 years before moving
west.  But other than a couple of times at the Oakland Boat Show we have
been out of the loop.  My wife wants to start attending some good boat shows
(she will go alone as I can't get off) and was thinking of the Miami Boat
Show.  So is there anyone out there that can comment on the quality of this
show, using the Annapolis Boat Show as the "gold standard".  She is most
interested in 36-40 foot range, monohull or catamaran. We would like to see
what is out on the new market, though most likely we would buy a brokerage
boat.  She is knowledgeable and has some opinions on what she wants for a
live aboard.  So, how extensive is the selection of such boats at the Miami
Show?  Are there any other shows coming up in the next 6 months that you
would suggest?  It is a bit of a trip back east so she doesn't want to fly
to a boat show only to find out that the over hyped selection is a
disappointment.  Any Ideas or opinions on the boat shows?

Chris & Alice Geankoplis

SV Enosis

P.S.  She also stated in a half serious manner that we should keep Enosis as
a "large" dingy.