[Rhodes22-list] Mercury 9.9 question

peter klappert peterklappert at comcast.net
Sun Nov 20 14:11:33 EST 2011

Mike & Alton & Dennis McN--

Thanks for the advice. Will follow it.

From: "Alton Miller" <al_shell at tampabay.rr.com>
To: "The Rhodes 22 Email List" <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2011 9:12:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Mercury 9.9 question

I agree with Mike.  Get it serviced.  I had a similar issue some time
ago (Merc 8) where the throttle/shift was getting harder to use as the
season progressed.  I let this go figuring that I would fix it later.
Didn't do it in time.  The extra effort to work the shift was 'torquing'
some of the smaller linkages and finally it gave up.  No shifting
possible.  It would have been cheaper to fix it earlier.
Alton