[Rhodes22-list] Mercury 9.9 question

Dennis McNeely mcneelyd at site-solutions.com
Fri Nov 18 15:02:50 EST 2011

Peter,

We have a 9.9 Mercury Bigfoot, bought new in 2009 (but it's a 2005
model). Shifting from neutral to either forward or reverse does take a
bit of effort. If I'm trying to get low power in either forward or
reverse from the detente for neutral, generally I overshoot the mark and
have to back down to slow speed. Having said that, I generally overshoot
by only a few hundred rpm and can quickly back down to low speed again.
I've never hit anywhere close to full throttle when shifting though.

Good luck with it.

(Another) Dennis
s/v Magic Moments