[Rhodes22-list] Compass & Jack Stands

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Nov 23 14:58:34 EST 2011

Joe,

Happy bird right back at you.

Here's a picture of my Contess compass:

http://old.nabble.com/file/p32874479/At%2BEase%2Bin%2BMarch%2B013.jpg
At+Ease+in+March+013.jpg

It might be a little overkill in that it lights up at night and passes
through the bulkhead so you can read it from the cabin, but you definitely
want a large, easy-to-read compass--I consider it one of the most important
pieces of equipment on my boat.  Once I get the sails balanced and hit the
perfect groove, I make note of the heading.  If I start to slow down it's
usually because I'm not on the optimal heading.  Can't help you with the
installation--I had Stan's crew do it.

Can't help with the jack stands either.  I can't think of a cheaper means of
painting your bottom.

Good luck!

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Kent Island, MD
Hi friends: (and the rest as well)

     I have two questions:

1.  Would someone please suggest a good bulkhead mounted compass for our
boat? Hints on installation               would also be very nice.

2.  What is the best (that is easiest) way to get my boat off the trailer to
apply bottom paint?  I don't want to           buy jack stands if I can
avoid it.

Thanks, and Happy bird.

Joe Camp
s/v John Dawson