[Rhodes22-list] Happy Bird et al

Rob Granger rgranger at sbc.edu
Wed Nov 23 18:47:12 EST 2011

Joe

I recently took a Rhodes off of a trailer ( see attached pic).  Drop the
tongue as far as possible, block the stern, then raise the tongue as high
as is practical and then build a beam across the top of the boat using two
2X8X10 joists nailed to two 4X4X10 posts.  You will then need to support
the posts with cross ties staked to the ground.  With the boat's bow high
on the trailer, run a tow strap under the bow and attach it to the beam.
Ratchet the tow strap a bit and then drop the trailer, pull it out and then
block the bow and release the pressure on the bow.

I can send you more pics if you like.

mack