[Rhodes22-list] IMF

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 23:39:34 EDT 2011

jay,

Shift the back stays back?  How would that work? A crane at the mast head?

Rick

On Monday, October 10, 2011, Jay Friedland <jsail1 at verizon.net> wrote:
> Mel,
> Just ask. Rob & I replaced his with new sails from Stan this year. I had
my luff recovered on the main as it deteriorated from UV 2 years ago, after
14 years. So it's feasible for all  3 of us to screw up replacing your main.

> Anyway, we need to catch up. My boat's the first to snap the bow
chainplate 3 weeks ago according to Stan. My son, Justin was out night
sailing, when it broke. he was able to secure it to a bow eye, but when he
tied the gennie off, he only secured the center section, and a storm a week
after the hurricane we survived, tore the gennie up. I was able to the full
UV cover and Eisenglas window replaced in a few days at Moorhouse. I was
heading to Stan to get my new trailer so got pieces to fix a dozen small
projects, along with the chainplate. Luckily, with the jib down, we noticed
the replacement adjuster we added a little of a year ago had cracks at the
clevis pin, and avoided a second potential failing of the forestay. We were
back sailing within a week and a half.

> Saw Stan & Elton at the Annapolis show. Stan's doing fine, Elton;s hurting
and slowing down a bit more. Stan's mind on the other hand is working
overtime-tryng to increase mainsail size, shift COE on boat a bit aft to
minimize lee helm, etc. He's already started with a newly designed masthead,
shift the backstays aft about 8-10". Other things he's addressing as well.

> We need a final sail for the season in the next few weeks, maybe the ocean
again.

> Jay
>
> On Oct 10, 2011, at 8:46 AM, Melvyn Rothbard wrote:
>
>> Rummy:
>>

>> It would be really advantageous if you could put out the information for
removing the main sail from the IMF.  I have been thinking about doing that
task but was concerned with messing it up.   Thanks

>> Mel
>> Paper Clipper "96"
>>
>> Melvyn H. Rothbard
>> Attorney at Law
>> Suite 3C
>> 23 South 23rd Street
>> Philadelphia, PA 19103
>> 215 901 2258
>> Fax: 215 656 0993
>> melrothbard at yahoo.com
>>

>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>>

>> The information and/or documents included in or accompanying this
transmission contain(s) confidential information belonging to the sender
which is legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of
the individual or entity to whom it was sent as indicated above. If you are
copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of
this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e mail
in error, please delete this message and immediately notify us by replying
to this e mail or telephoning us at 215 901 2258.