[Rhodes22-list] IMF

Jay Friedland jsail1 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 11 09:16:22 EDT 2011

The 3 show boats all had them at the masthead, with the split backstays pushed back at least 8". Initially, Stan said that was to prevent the boom from getting caught in the backstays from an uncontrolled gybe. That seems an odd justification, as it seems to be an abnormal occurrence with a significant amount of engineering & possible stress.