[Rhodes22-list] IMF Mainsail Removal

Philip Gauthier gauthi06 at yahoo.ca
Thu Oct 13 13:55:17 EDT 2011

One step that "may" be missed on your IMF removal. Not sure if all masts were set up this way but just above the spreaders on Raven I had a fiber block that had to be removed as well. It's only held in by a single screw. This would be pretty obvious when drawing out the roller as the top bearing would hit it and stop. I also had a gooseneck failure that forced me to furl without the boom. The loose furling caused the sail to jamb and hangup on this block when I tried to deploy the mainsail the next time. Had to hoist myself up and physical lift every wrap of the sail over this block till it was deployed. No problems after that. Since then of course I have re-shaped a new block and now it would be impossible to hang up on it again in any circumstance.

Phil Gauthier
gauthi06 at yahoo.ca
"RAVEN"