[Rhodes22-list] genoa size

Paul Krawitz krawitzmail-rhodes at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 15 10:16:41 EDT 2011

On my new 2nd Rhodes, I find that the 175% genoa is too much sail in heavy
air and too heavy/floppy in light air. And even with plastic rods covering
the shrouds and cylindrical vinyl turnbuckle covers, it gets readily tangled
during tacks. I usually furl it a bit for greatest functionality across a
wider range of wind speeds, which hurts sail shape.

1. Other than Mary Lou's lovely UPS solution, what are the group's opinions
on ideal genoa size for the Rhodes?
2. Would a lighter edge fabric make the sail appreciably less heavy/floppy
in light air?

--
Paul Krawitz
"Clarity"