[Rhodes22-list] Furling Back Into the Mast

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 20:26:00 EDT 2011

David,

My sails are by Doyle in 1993.  So far, no tears.  Sun damage could be your
problem, but more likely it was from applying too much force too often.

One thing about an R22, never put your whole weight into anything.  It is
not that big of a boat.  When something is too hard, give it more thought
rather than more muscle.

To furl the main in high wind, use the motor to head into the wind, taking
it to port at about 30 or 40 degrees.  And be sure the boom is horizontal.

Rick