[Rhodes22-list] Combination tiller engine control

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Tue Oct 25 16:44:20 EDT 2011

David,
I think I understand how tiller hooks to the motor via a bracket.  The bracket on my motor is broken.  It almost looks like a strip of plastic that's been bent in a U shape.  Do you use the tiller/motor connection all the time?  I could see using it in tight quarters, like backing out of a slip.  But in the open water, I imagine the tiller by itself would be sufficient.  Do you have a tiller handle for your motor?  Mine does not.  I'd probably forgo the linkage if I had a tiller handle for the motor. - rob