[Rhodes22-list] Highlands, NJ Report

ALICE WEISZ amicw5 at msn.com
Thu Sep 1 15:01:43 EDT 2011

Hi Lee,
Due to the mandatory evacuation of Kent Island, I "weathered" the storm in Alexandria.  On Friday I tied up BEATS PROZAC for a few hours adding old tires to the front pier, forward part of hull and fingerpier side.  Verbal report: the boat did will however, marks on forward pier show that the anchor was up, over and ON the pier and then dragged down (probably as waters receeded), despite tying it to the boat and placing a tire directly underneath. Suspect the tire saves the hull and only anchor pivoted.  In anticipation of the 'at least 4 ft' predicted surge, I decided to loosen lines and use tires as bumpers instead.  Don't know if that's the best maneuver but, with the help of the Almighty, it seemed to work....this time.  Glad to see the pics that AT EASE did well.  Hope to do some sailing this weekend....see you out there?

Alice