[Rhodes22-list] Just Venting

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 02:46:57 EDT 2011

Hi All:

I got my boat (a recycled '87) from Stan last Summer.  He graciously included a Nicro solar powered vent at the bow.  The vent has now gotten some sort of bug up it's butt and will not work.  I've had it apart, which reveals a sealed compartment for the motor and a push button switch.  I can't find an option to open it further for trouble shooting.  I don't want to force the solar panel off of the base, but there is no other way to get to the guts. If I spin the fan blade, it powers up (barely) for about 3 - 4 seconds... then craps out.  I can hear the motor going (weakly) when the panels are turned to the sun.

Does anyone have advice (or a cure) for my fan's ills?  Thanks.

Joe Camp
s/v John Dawson
Hatboro, PA