[Rhodes22-list] Mast Step Popped

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Mon Sep 12 13:06:10 EDT 2011

Dennis,
Not sure what year this is.  Mid 1980's I believe.

Here are photos of how my traveler is set up.  If you don't have the traveler bar, yours will probably be similar.  From a previous post. - rob

Hey, must be your lucky day.  I've also got a '76 with standard main.  Posted these pictures before of how my "traveler" is rigged. The backstay adjuster on my boat is shown here, although it should not be knotted as shown here and should go to the cleat on the transom.  I've since learned how to run the backstay adjuster and can take a better picture if need be.  Also, please ignore the bungi cords, a new topping lift replaced those. I've got a 76 that uses a "traveler wire".  Here's what mine looks like. - Rob

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200610/20/travelerupper.jpg

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200610/20/travelerlower.jpg

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200610/20/travelermiddle.jpg

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attachments/20100811/2053e15e/attachment.jpg