[Rhodes22-list] Dennis Frappier's Question

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Tue Sep 20 00:08:12 EDT 2011

Dennis,
There is a swivel bead just above the swaged aircraft fork fitting at the
base of the forestay.  The bushing/bearings of HDPE are flush with the end
of the tube.  This raises the disc clear of entanglements.  One could
reposition the disc higher but then you would loose sail area.  You also
might place a short piece of tubing with bushings to raise the entire
assembly up a bit so the bottom of the jib won't chafe on the bow pulpit,
something I am thinking of doing.  There is a technique to use when furling
and unfurling the jib, otherwise you might foul one of the sheets or furling
line.  I'll explain when you reach that stage.

Chris