[Rhodes22-list] Barrier Paint

Rob Granger rgranger at sbc.edu
Mon Apr 2 16:04:03 EDT 2012

Hey Guys/Galls

I wanted to share with you all a good lead I got on barrier coat bottom
paint.

As some of you know, I'm restoring an old Rhodes and I've been working on
the bottom.  I've filled some dings and chips in the gel coat, patched a
few holes and now I'm ready to fair and seal the hull.

Have you priced barrier coat on the marine web sites!!!!???

Well I have a good friend who works at James T. Davis paint and we talked.
They have a barrier coat that is only $44/gal (but you have to buy two
gallons) so you get two gallons for $88.  It comes in white or gray, is
high build etc.  They market it for pools etc.

Just goes to show you,if you put "Marine" on the label you can mark it up
!00% or more.