[Rhodes22-list] Battery Advice

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Apr 3 11:49:58 EDT 2012

Lee,
Correction on one point. AGM batteries will last longer than lead acid
batteries. They cost more, but I like the maintenance free part. I use only agm
 batteries in our SeaDoo and it has more cranking power than a lead acid
battery.  I have two deep cycle batteries on Rum Runner and only use shore
power for  charging. I know from personal experience that without a charge
controller,  solar panels can easily overcharge a battery. You can also buy
"dual purpose"  batteries which allow for deep discharge and also give you
cranking power for an  electric starter. It all depends on how you use your boats
power.

Rummy

In a message dated 4/3/2012 9:09:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,