[Rhodes22-list] Battery Advice

Chris Cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Wed Apr 4 16:17:11 EDT 2012

I had a marine electrician install a battery charging system for my starter and house batteries last year and typically top off the batteries between uses.  The idea is for the battery charger to monitor and keep the batteries in good shape hopefully prolonging their useful life.  I also have the outboard providing a charge and the two solar panels, one wired to each battery.  Probably a bit overkill but I like having the redundancy.  I think the electrician said that the solar panels are small enough not to worry about over charging and did not recommend I bother with a controller.

Christopher P. Cowie