[Rhodes22-list] Fwd: water in the bilge

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Thu Aug 2 08:16:00 EDT 2012

Is all or part of the centerboard pennant hose below the waterline? Could tension on the pennant with the board up distort the hose and cause a leak, that isn't leaking with the pennant slacked?  Could the weight of the board (in the up position)  hanging from the block on the underside of the cap be opening up a crack or seam?

I doubt these are the culprit, but it's the only thing I can think of.

I have had the board out and trunk open to paint. The board doesn't fit tightly enough in the trunk to seal a leak either up or down.

Good luck.  If I were you, I would pull up some of the floor, sprinkle some baby powder, raise the centerboard, and see what happens.

Jim Connolly
s/v Inisheer
'85 recycled '03