[Rhodes22-list] Shelter Island plus storm damage

BRUCE GREENWALD bgreenwald at optonline.net
Mon Aug 6 11:36:05 EDT 2012

I was on a friend's power boat Saturday afternoon at about 1:30 and from
some distance saw what looked to be a white hull R 22 crossing the South
Ferry line between Sag Harbor and Shelter Island in NY.  The lines
looked like a Rhodes and I thought I saw what appeared to be the pop top
up.  Unfortunately, the boat was too far away to be sure and my captain
was hurrying elsewhere so we couldn't turn back to check it out.  Any of
you Rhodies in the area at the time?

In the meantime, I received a call this mornng from the mooring
contractor in Old Greenwich who told me that a storm that came through
quickly last night had flipped a dozen boats and that mine was riding
low in the water and appeared to have at least one sail flapping.  I
cant check it out until later today at the earliest but I now realize
that I needed to pay more attention t all those recent posts about
waterin the bilge!

Bruce Greenwald
S/V Ruach II