[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard Cap Seal Help

Stephen Staum snstaum at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 06:57:38 EDT 2012

My '83 R22. the Carol Lee 2, is taking on water on its mooring and I suspect
the problem is the centerboard cap seal.  I am pulling the boat today for
further inspection.  Does anyone have a detailed, step by step instruction
list for removing the cap and replacing the seal?  Looking at it, I am not
even sure how to get to it.  I assume that the step has to be removed first.
The only pics I could find in the archives are of the cap already removed.
Anyone have additional pictures of the project?  Or any theories on how lots
of water is getting into the bilge?  This boat has no hatches that open.

Thanks in advance,
Stephen Staum
'83 R22, Carol Lee 2
Needham, MA