[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard Cap Seal Help

Stephen Staum snstaum at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 08:38:53 EDT 2012

Looks like previous owner used lots of sealant. I was sailing Tuesday
w 4 on board & found cockpit drain slipping under water. Promptly
pumped lots of water out of the lazerette & motored back. Pumped the
bilge to almost dry. Returned Wed. night to find water up to carpet in
cabin. Pumped almost dry (had heavy rains Tuesday nite/ Wed morning.
Last night bilge only 1/2 full (no rain). But w no opening ports, I
don't see where all the water came from. Also dryed the exposed cap
gasket & found it wet a short time later. I will let you know what it
looks like this A.M.

Stephen

Sent from my iPhone