[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard Cap Seal Help

Dennis McNeely mcneelyd at site-solutions.com
Sun Aug 19 20:15:58 EDT 2012

I can't speak to repairing the mast and plate Joe, but I can tell you for
certain that there is a connection on Magic Moments between the lazerette
and the cabin through the foam under the cockpit. I can't see the
connection, nor can I shine a light from the lazerette through to the cabin,
but I'm certain that water that overtops the lip at the lazerette hatch
makes its way forward between the foam and the hull. Based on other posts,
it appears some boats have a seal between the foam and the hull, and others
do not.

Good luck with the mast and other storm damage. Hope all goes well.

Dennis