[Rhodes22-list] Advise me

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Tue Aug 21 02:35:07 EDT 2012

Joe,
	The same thing happened to my "New boat" after the 2nd season.  Mast
in the mud then big coastguard boat tried to right the capsized speed boat
hull.  Wrenched the mast from the boat and pulled out a couple of chain
plates.  Went on to sail it on the Bay for 20 years then sailed it over to
the Bahamas for 5 months.  My advice is go with the total loss, and pay the
salvage rights for the hull and fix it up.  Buy all the stuff from Stan so
he benefits.  The result is a Win, Win, for you and Stan.  I did all the
work my self (had no insurance so no real alternative).  It is a doable
project and you would be back sailing in the same amount of time as getting
a refurbish.  The other alternative is go with the total loss, get a new
refurb, get the salvage rights and fix it up anyway and sell it, nice part
time job.

Chris G