[Rhodes22-list] AC converter

Bill Pauer billpauer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 07:11:43 EST 2012

I am thinking it would be nice to be able to plug into shore power for
longer trips when we are spending the nights in a marina.  If I had AC
power I could run my new Igloo ice chest / refrigerator.  It can run
on DC power, but I feel it would drain my battery fairly quickly.  I
was also thinking about installing a trickle charger for the battery.
That might be another questions as I am not sure that is a good idea
for marine deep cycle batteries.    Plus if I have AC power I could
charge phones, laptops, and most importantly I could make my wife her
morning latte.  That latte could be the difference between a great day
on the water and wishing I was back home working on boat in the
backyard.

Thanks
Bill