[Rhodes22-list] AC converter

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 08:03:09 EST 2012

So if I understand it, you're looking for AC power at the dock, not while
underway.  Well, it depends on how fancy you want to go. If you want to be
able to plug your boat in to power while it is in the slip and be able to
leave it, then you'll need to install a shore connector plug and the
associated wiring inside the boat along with an AC panel.  You can then
install a battery charger to keep your batteries topped up along with a
standard 120v AC outlet.  Here are some options from West marine (
http://tinyurl.com/c7pwenc).

If you only want it while you are at the occasional marina on a trip, you
can create a shore power cable that has a normal 120 volt female end and
just run it through the entry way while at the dock.  You can then just use
a power strip for what ever you want to power up.  This saves you from
putting more holes in the boat.

Hank