[Rhodes22-list] Gelcoat Repair

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 17:10:10 EST 2012

Hi all:

  Ho,ho,ho (or whatever seasonal greeting floats yer boat).  I have a question regarding gelcoat repairs.  I have the navy blue hull color, and had put some deep scratches in on the port side.  I got a gelcoat repair kit, and didn't do bad matching the color, but the scratches were so close together, I couldn't isolate each one with masking tape to limit the over flow.  Sanding has been my problem.

  How can I get the rough repair well sanded (using what sort of tool and grit sandpaper for the job)?  What about a professional paint and gel coat?  Where would I go for that service.  Thanks.

Joe Camp
s/v John Dawson
Earleville MD / Hatboro PA (on the hard)