[Rhodes22-list] Cold Weather Sailing

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Dec 14 13:03:56 EST 2012

Bruce,
For long term winter storage I recommend pulling the spark plugs, place a
tablespoon or so of 2 stroke oil in each cylinder and rotate the engine
(pull  start) to coat the cylinder walls and reinstall the spark plugs, This
applies to  both two and four stroke engines. Of course change all engines
oils, both foot  and in the case of a four stroke, the crank case oil as well.
It goes without  saying that all gasoline should have been burnt out of the
engine by  disconnecting the fuel line and running the engine until it quits.
Common sense  stuff.

Rummy

In a message dated 12/13/2012 3:14:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,