[Rhodes22-list] Outer Chainplate Problems

Jeff Kantor canusmajor54 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 15 15:27:52 EST 2012

Hi List!
Nice fix for the lower chainplates.  My boat has a similar problem. .  I have found a loose upper shroud chainplate.   I couldn't find anything about this chainplate in the archives  Does any one know how these attach and what might be the best way to
strengthen and secure this area.  There are cracks in the toerail area adjacent to the chainplate.  These might have come as a result of towing/righting by pulling a halyard atop the mast.

Thanks!

"When you think about hope and humanity the mind opens."

-The Dalai Lama

Jeff Kantor
sirius1 at canusmajor.com