[Rhodes22-list] Hello from new r22 owner in midwest

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Dec 21 11:48:32 EST 2012

General boats makes a mast raising crane which also includes a mast crutch
for the stern. With the new crane the mast is lowered from the bow to the
stern.  I don't have the system so I use the Joe six pack method. A six pack
of beer and  two friends help me raise or lower the mast. I use the traveler
bar and walk the  mast to the bow where the help is catching the mast as it
is lowered. I have the  IMF mast so it's somewhat heavier than a standard
mast. Good luck and don't be  shy on asking questions. This time of year the
answers might be slow in coming,  but once the snow starts to melt everyone
gets the sailing bug again.

Rummy

In a message dated 12/21/2012 9:47:52 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,