[Rhodes22-list] Hello from new r22 owner in midwest

redneckyc steverayj at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 21 09:47:29 EST 2012

Thanks, looks like a lot of good info here. It does not have furling main. It
does look like the boom has vertical adjustment which should help when
bimini is up etc (I haven't yet unpacked the bimini). The mainsail has a set
of reef points but I don't think there is a jiffy reefing system in place
which is not a big deal. Next time it is above freezing with no wind I might
get out the jib furler and play with it, maybe set the head of the forestay
on my barn or something. I do have the original owners manual - it looks
like the website has the same thing. I can tell last time the mast was
raised it was done from bow to stern, I guess that is the preferred method.
On my Venture I made a gin pole so I could raise by myself. I may do that or
more likely enlist the help of some folks at the launch ramp.