[Rhodes22-list] GPS Choice

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sat Feb 4 13:34:49 EST 2012

Occasional use outdoors or at the beach doesn't compare to a marine
environment. Heat, salt and humidity in a marine environment are much more
difficult on electronics. I know of several computers that have crapped out  while
being used onboard a sailboat. Marinized electronics have special coatings
on boards and other electrical connections. Personally, I wouldn't rely on
an  iPad.
My wife takes her Kindle to the beach all the time. She's had to replace
hers twice (under warranty) after using it on the beach. Stick with  products
that have been certified to withstand an occasional splash or at the  worst
a complete submersion to a few feet.

Rummy

In a message dated 2/4/2012 10:34:52 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,