[Rhodes22-list] GPS Choice

R22MikeW mweisner at ebsmed.com
Sat Feb 4 14:23:20 EST 2012

Rummy,

I agree that electronics that are not meant to be used near water should not
be exposed to high humidity (or salt air).  Those that are safe to use near
water have special coatings and requirements for their PC boards (conformal
coating of board, passivation of conductors, etc.)

That being said, I carry an iPhone at most times for work, even when out
sailing.  If I take a call I am working, even if at the helm.  So much for
the concept of "being off from work".  I just purchased a new protective
case (waterproof to 30 meters) for $21.49 ($16.50 + $4.99 shipping) from
WhyPayMore4PC of Amazon as follows:
	http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058NXWPY/ref=ox_ya_os_product
	"Waterproof Case for Apple Iphone 4, 4s - Also Works with Ipod Touch,
	Iphone 3g, 3gs, & Other Smartphones - Ipx8 Certified to 100 Feet"

Be sure to scroll down past the featured merchants (at $23.45) to find
WhyPayMore4PC for the lower price.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY