[Rhodes22-list] Foam

Austin Carter acarter250 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 11:26:44 EST 2012

Hi ya'll. I'm Austin Carter, I live in Southeast PA. I'm in the process of
buying my first real sailboat (just sold my sunfish), a 1976 rhodes 22.
I've made a down payment and I'm just waiting for some nice weather to pick
it up. If I read the serial number right it's the 24th rhodes 22 built by
general boats. I have done a lot of research on this boat and I am glad I
got it. I plan to do a florida keys trip this coming winter (winter of
2012/2013) for about 2 months, mostly coastal sailing with a possibility of
a dry tortugus run with the right weather. For an easy trailerable boat the
rhodes seems to be about as good as it gets.

Just wanted to introduce myself as I will probably be pretty active on this
list, especially this summer while I'm getting the boat ready for the trip.

I also am curious about the question below? Haven't read anythign about the
foam becoming saturated but it seems like something that could easily
happen on a 35+ year old boat.

Thanks,
Austin