[Rhodes22-list] Foam

Austin Carter acarter250 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 20:06:30 EST 2012

Yea, I figured that. It wouldn't make much sense for them to put it in one
end of the boat and not the other. So I'm guessing since I haven't read
about it anywhere, that waterlogged foam isn't a known issue.

How common is it for the fiberglass to de-laminate on these? Or what about
the transom, are they wood (balsa?) are they know to rot? Just wondering
what to look for when I get it home before I start dumping $$$$$$ into it.

Lee,
I'm in Schuylkill Haven, PA. Prolly a little over about an hour and a half
from carlisle. I love the water, but it will be nice to finally stay dry,
at least I hope, prolly can't flip this one back over like the sunfish :-).

Austin

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Austin,
The two areas where the foam is located is nowhere near the wooden floor or
 its supports. The area under the V berth has foam as well as under the
cockpit  floor.

Rummy