[Rhodes22-list] Fiber Glass Repair

peter klappert peterklappert at comcast.net
Wed Feb 22 11:43:22 EST 2012

I've got a chip in a cockpit seat. About 3/8th inch diameter; goes all the way down to a gray layer. I'm pretty sure it was done at a marina when I had the outboard serviced, but I didn't see it until a coupla days after I got Aeolia back to my dock. They probably took the outboard off the lift & set it down too heavily.

The repair will have to wait until May when I'm back in Apollo Beach, but the boat will be covered.

I'll be grateful for advice on how best to repair this--a good durable repair that doesn't look like one.

Thanx