[Rhodes22-list] concrete ballast

Goodness spreadgoodnews at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 11:07:43 EST 2012

Inspect the external keel for cracks in the fiberglass.  Also you will need to inspect inside the keel trunk.  This is done by removing the keel trunk cover (fiberglass rectangle with many screws) inside the boat, Lifting out the centerboard and looking inside the slot.   If no fiberglass cracks, defects, etc. then you are good to go.  The soles were made using interior grade materials and will likely need to be completely replaced.  It isnt that hard though.
Good luck.