[Rhodes22-list] concrete ballast

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Tue Feb 28 16:08:19 EST 2012

Good advice so far. You didn't say where the boat is located or where
you'll be keeping it. If up North and the boat has sat with water in
the bilge you'll need to examine carefully for freeze/thaw damage. It
could be deeper into the keel than just at the surface especially if
water has been allowed to sit in the boat and it's gone through some
freeze/thaws. I've seen a Compac 16' (which also has concrete in the
keel) with water dripping out of cracks in the bottom of the keel.
I've read of people that have repaired that damage by drilling holes
in the bottom of the keel to let it dry before repairing.

Best of luck

Mary Lou
1991 R22  Fretless
Rock Hall, MD