[Rhodes22-list] Marina picture

Ellner Rod ellnerrod at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 23:13:07 EST 2012

Slim,
Thanks for the offer. How far did you travel?  Any interesting stops? I did discover that you don't want to be the first into the locks. When they open the gates every powerboat blasts out of the lock passing us with no regard to wakes. I'll be last in this trip. I have been looking at this site http://www2.mvr.usace.army.mil/NIC2/mrcharts.cfm?index=1 . Is it the same one you used. If its not a lot of work do you have a website that you used.  I have a GPS/fishlocator with a map chip, so that should be more than enough to stay between the channel markers. We made the trip several years ago and found that after leaving the St. Croix River at Prescott the trip was mainly using the outboard because of the channels. The overnight in Prescott bay was very pleasant. While in Lake Pepin we docked at Lake City Marina.  Very nice. We were told by a live aboard sailor that the marina is the nicest marina they had seen all the way to the golf.

We also trailered to Kentucky Lake several years for a Rhodes 22 get together. That was a lot of fun.

Rod