[Rhodes22-list] Sail

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sat Jan 21 11:48:14 EST 2012

Never, ever use cheap rum on a R22. It's against the rules. Only top shelf
will do. One year I added cheap vodka to the water tank to keep it from
freezing. When spring cam along I added and orange juice and then the party
began.
All this discussion about weight and wind and hull speeds.....Really
people. I've been sailing my R22 for twenty years now and I'm always learning
something new.

Rummy

In a message dated 1/21/2012 10:51:47 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
geoffreylfarrell at gmail.com writes:

Does a  gallon of rum weigh more than a gallon of water? If so I could
refill my  tank with cheap rum and see how she sails.

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 6:21  PM, <R22RumRunner at aol.com> wrote:

> Stan has always said the  R22 sails best with the nose down. It's fun to
> move weight around the  boat and seeing the difference in performance and
> handling. The Rhodes  is a perfect boat for all sailors, beginners to
> experts. I
>  spent several years trying different things with sail and weight
>  adjustments. I  like to sail on the extreme edge, so I often try new  and
> different
> things. The  rum is a constant  however.
>
> Rummy
> Rum is good, beer gives me gas.  :)
>

> In a message dated 1/20/2012 3:26:26 P.M. Eastern  Standard Time,
> geoffreylfarrell at gmail.com writes:
>
>  Joyce  and I went out also. Wonderful. 15 knot winds with gusts. About
5.3
> knots  at beam reach with sails reefed. This was the first  time I've
sailed
> with a  full fresh water tank. Seems the weight  up in the bow made the
boat
> handle  better.
>
> On  Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM, Bob and Kathy Quinn  <
>  bobandkathyr22 at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> >  Just to  get  the envy count up Kathy and I managed a two hour sail
> >  yesterday.   The WX was perfect on our outbound course but dropped
off on
> > the  return but we managed to catch enough breeze to  sail just about
all
> the
> > way back to the dock.   Yesterday was the first time I used  the
Captain's