[Rhodes22-list] Ballast ?

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun Jan 22 08:58:50 EST 2012

Yes, I have tried this and you go nowhere. You have to understand how the
winds work and the theory of the "slot".
I have several boats, both wind and motor powered, and when the winds  get
above 20 mph I don't take any of them out. It's to much work and very
uncomfortable. When the winds get that high, the weather service usually puts
out a lake wind advisory. I have the luxury of being able to choose when I
want  to go out because I live on the lake. My boats are only 200 feet  away.
Remember, this is only a 22 foot boat. I've been on 37 foot boats in  the
same conditions and was very comfortable. I guess the added 12,000 pounds  does
make a difference.

Rummy

In a message dated 1/21/2012 7:11:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,