[Rhodes22-list] Ballast ?

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Jan 24 07:34:53 EST 2012

Rob,
I've been busy lately and haven't had the time to read all the posts, but I
 really think you are trying to reinvent the wheel without knowing how the
wheel  works. Any Rhodie with the IMF knows that the first reef point is to
lower the  boom. (center of effort) THEN you can furl the main and do
whatever changes you  want to make to the sail configuration. Bring the 175's
lines inside the stays,  etc. Don't knock something until you know what you are
talking about. I can be  on my boat and out sailing while you will still be
at the dock hanking on your  sails. The Rhodes22 is a cruiser, not a racing
boat. Never was meant to be. It  is what it is.

Rummy

In a message dated 1/23/2012 8:44:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,