[Rhodes22-list] Ballast ?

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Sun Jan 22 09:52:37 EST 2012

John,

What the heck--go for it.  As long as you can easily change things back if
they go awry there's not much risk and the results might be interesting.

You got me thinking about the slot.  If the centerboard is in the up
position the slot is mostly covered.  If the lowered centerboard itself
creates some drag I wonder how much more is caused by the slot.  I love my
centerboard but I'm still convinced that it can slow you down in those reach
conditions where the stubby keel provides enough of an opposing force
against the sails.

Good luck!

Lee