[Rhodes22-list] Crusier not a racer? Let's fix this ! Introducing the R22 2.0

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Wed Jan 25 18:35:42 EST 2012

The last thread was fun ! Try this one on for size guys,

R22 2.0 Specs:

Reconfigure the cabin put the head on the port side in place of the settee.

one birth in the bow make bed 8' instead of 6'

Eliminate compression post install port side bulkhead laminated into hull
and cabin top (compression arch)

Move baby stays to cabin corners. Side stays to cabin roof and tied into
bulkheads. Shorten spreaders 1'
Run 2nd genoa track in the corner where the cabin wall meets the deck.

Carbon fiber mast, boom all standing rigging Dyna dux 75 (7mm breaking
strength 15,000 lbs) weight 2.58 lbs per 100' Total weight aloft about the
same as the sails if that.

Full batten main. Dual foil furler for head sail

Retractable daggerboard (no slot) with bulb  ~ 150 lbs.

LED lighting. Manual motor lift torquido electric outboard 4 oddessy tppl
batteries Both power and ballast.

Solar panels topsides.

Now if I could just hit the lottery. (why I wouldn't just buy a J 109
escapes me right now but it's January)

There, pick that apart.

John S