[Rhodes22-list] remote outboard motor controls

Richard Arking richard.arking at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 20:56:10 EST 2012

Does anyone have any experience with a sidewall mounted remote
throttle/shifter control in a R22?  I'll be outfitting my
currently-being-recycled R22 with a new 9.9  HP electric start -could be
Honda or Yamaha but the Honda dealer is nearest.  I notice that Honda
offers an optional remote.  The motor would then have no control tiller
arm. I'm attracted to not having to reach (contort?) over the transom to
change RPMs or gears.  But I'm wondering if there is any feasible place to
mount it.  I'm not committed to buying it but I am curious..  Thanks