[Rhodes22-list] remote outboard motor controls

Optonline bgreenwald at optonline.net
Sun Jan 29 22:09:08 EST 2012

Richard - I have a Yamaha 9.9 (2001 model) with a remote throttle mounted to the port side stern rail near where it turns to the vertical on the forward end of the rail.  I mounted it using a couple of Helm rail clamps and a plywood backing board cut to the shape of the remote box.  I decided to use the remote for the same reason as you and couldn't be more pleased. In my case - I don't know if this is possible on the newer motors - I left the throttle handle  - now not functional - on the motor so on the event I needed to use the motor for steering I would have something to grab onto.

Bruce Greenwald
S/V Ruach II