[Rhodes22-list] Charging Question

David Craft chsyhkr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 14:03:54 EDT 2012

We purchased our boat last year with a dead battery and no motor.  We added
the Tohatsu Sailpro 6 hp which has an alternator.  We wired it to a new
battery and off we go.  We motor a little here and there depending on the
weather.  How much charge am I keeping on the battery with a little
motoring?  I have a plug charger and plan on taking the battery out in
winter to store and charge back up.  I have also read do not let the
battery get past half it's capacity?  I am no electrician here............

I have read get a volt meter and as long as you have 12-13 volts you are in
good shape.  We only run instruments, lights, a radio, cell charger, small
fan, and water pump.

Thoughts?

--
Regards,